BZFlag is a 3D online multiplayer tank battle game.
2.4.12 "Silence is Golden" (2017-10-29)
This release had a few additional features and some minor fixes.
- Multisampling (anti-aliasing) now works on all platforms with SDL
- The permission for running /poll set is no longer assigned by default
- The macOS build uses a newly released version of SDL that fixes an issue with retina macs when running in a scaled resolution
- It is possible to silence all unregistered players in your client by silencing
-(the minus sign or hyphen), similar to how silencing
*(asterisk) silences all players. Additionally, the /silence and /unsilence commands both work correctly now and support both special cases.
2.4.10 "This is How We Roll" (2017-03-12)
This release had a few additional features and some minor fixes.
- Multisampling support under SDL 2 on macOS
- Added an option to invert one or both joystick axes
- Add ability to reload badwords list with '/reload badwords'
- It is possible for bzfs plugins to register new types of polls
- Fix high DPI handling on Windows (again, since it broke when we switched to using SDL2)
2.4.8 "Sixteen" (2016-10-10)
This release just had some more minor fixes
- Increase the range of the volume slider (which I think means the volume slider has a more noticeable effect now)
- Send a notification when a BZDB variable is reset
- Add an indicator to the server list when a server has team killing disabled
- Reduce CPU usage on Windows when the client is minimized (like how it used to be prior to 2.4.6)
- Added a Russian transliteration of the translation we had in 2.99.x
2.4.6 "Eight, Our Codebase is Overweight" (2016-06-26)
This release consists of a few new features for clients and fixes issues on Windows 10 with AMD drivers.
- Plug-in documentation has been rewritten and updated to be more user-friendly
- RogueGenocide plug-in now defaults to ignoring self-kills
- Fixes to keypad keys when using SDL2; they are now handled correctly
- Timestamps can now be saved with /savemsg using the '-t' option; e.g. '/savemsg -t'
- View timestamps of when console messages were sent, can be configured through Options > GUI Settings > Timestamps in console
- New cycleRadar and cyclePanel key bindings were added
2.4.4 "Be My Valentank" (2016-02-14)
This release encompasses several years of effort and a variety of fixes and improvements. Some of the more notable changes are as follows:
- Several new server plug-ins
- Numerous new API features
- Several new server permissions for more finely-tuned server administration
- Several improvements to the match countdown process
- A new Xcode project file for Mac OS X, replacing the previous system which had many problems
- Automatic reset of the game at the start of a match (score reset and players spawn on the base)
- Tracking of self-kills on the scoreboard
- SDL 2 support, which corrects an issue where the game would fail to launch on several newer versions of Mac OS X
- The radar and console can now be resized individually
- CIDR ban support on the server for more targeted ban ranges
- A new font import tool and higher-resolution fonts included for a smoother appearance
- Serif font replaced by sans-serif font for a more consistent appearance
- Automatic team assignment improvements so that the weaker teams get the new players more often
- Vertical sync option in display settings on Mac OS X and Linux
- List server transactions are now sent using SSL/TLS by default
- Simpler method for including third-party server plugins in build system
- Several security improvements to harden server against remote exploit attempts
- Server list sorting now ignores the observer count and includes a random factor for more fair server exposure
- Improved support for custom colors for color vision deficient players
- Improved server list filtering including custom filter editing and help information
2.4.2 "Doomsday Edition" (2012-07-28)
This is a very minor update with no major features. The primary goal for the release is to have a new package for the Debian maintainers to use in Debian and Ubuntu based Linux distributions.
- Options chat on the left and radar on the right.
- Lagging and leading shot lines on radar.
- Support for Joystick hats in Linux, SDL, and Windows.
- UPnP setup option for servers that can be enabled at build time.
- Inclusion of the fairCTF, autoFlagReset, and FastMap plugins.
- BZadmin on windows has colors like the Linux one.
2.4.0 "Wake the Dead" (2011-07-03)
- Shot messages are synchronized with position - Alfredo Tupone
- Added /playerlist for everyone - Thomas Stauer
- Added message type for properly handling /me actions - Scott Wichser
- Added BZDB option to hide flags on radar server side - David Anderson
- Removed /setpass /register /identify - David Anderson
- Handicap is computed on the server - Alfredo Tupone, Bernt Hansen
- Allow plugins to register custom flag types - Daniel Remenak
- Forced *image.bzflag.org for image downloads until user sets otherwise - David Anderson
- Accepted patch from McSpider, added OpenFFA - David Anderson
- Removed -requireUDP, now it is always required - David Anderson
- Accepted patch from McSpider, removed client option to turn off fog - David Anderson
- Accepted patch from McSpider, added -noTeamKills option - David Anderson
- Removed -3Dfx, -no3Dfx. Moved -geometry -> -window
- David Anderson
- Add ricochet on a per object basis for .bzw files - trepan, David Anderson
- serverControl plugin- Add option to ignore observers for server shutdowns - Bernt Hansen
- serverControl plugin- Only report ban file access errors once - Bernt Hansen
- serverControl plugin- Limit filesystem checks to once every 3 seconds - Bernt Hansen
- LogDetail plugin-Add SERVER-MAPNAME with the public server description - Bernt Hansen
- The bzfs -time command line option allows end time - Scott Wichser, Ian Agar
- screenshots now compressed asynchronously - Daniel Remenak, randomparticle
- Add /serverdebug command and plugin API - Bernt Hansen
- Add bzfs -utc command line option to log timestamps using universal time - Bernt Hansen
- Fix buffer overrun when using -ts micros on Linux - trepan, Bernt Hansen
- Only players with POLL permission are eligible to vote - Bernt Hansen
- Only allow a single end shot credit for holding the shield flag - Bernt Hansen
- Do not inform hunters of stealthy prey - Ian Agar
- All scores are controlled completely by the server - Daniel Remenak
- Relabel player "email" string as "motto" - Jeff Makey
- Require TALK privilege for player motto to be broadcast - Jeff Makey
- Always require valid authentication for registered names - Jeff Myers, Scott Wichser
- Move flag identification server side - Alfredo Tupone, Jeff Myers, Frank Evers, Scott Wichser
- GM sanity checks - Alfredo Tupone
- Added the -publickey requirement for publicly listed servers (and renamed the bzfs -public option to -publictitle) - trepan, Jeff Myers